Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Greg G

Default stop putting extra line spaces in email

Thanks Eric,

That did work but I type a bunch of emails every day so i don't want to have
to take that extra step. It is really strange because I was not having this
problem, until i changed my signature picker to adjust it and now I have that
problem. I can't figure out how to eliminate the problem. I had the same
problem a year or two ago but can't remember how we resolved it. I guess
I'll keep trying. Wish MS had alive customer support line I could call.

Thanks again for your response.

Greg

"Eric" wrote:

Greg,

I had the same problem. HTML adds the equivalent of leading (white space)
after each hard return. The fix I used was to place a "soft return" at the
end of the line. Instead of pressing "Enter" press "Shft+Enter" and the
leading will disappear.

Eric

"Greg G" wrote:

I changed my signature picture and now, when I start a new email,and type my
1st line, after I hit "enter" - I get 2 line spaces instead of one. I want
to only have one line! Have tried everyhting to fix this but can't. I sue
Word as my editor and HTML format.

Also, if I copy and paste something into my email, it is blank and I have to
highlight the text, go in to format, font and change the color to black. How
do I make it dafult blacK??

Thanks,

Greg