Posted to microsoft.public.word.newusers
Graham Mayor Graham Mayor is offline

Default can you format a document after you have already typed it????

A lecturer who cannot himself learn from experiences is a liability
Word is not designed to be used with floppy discs and such attempted use if
the major source of document corruption. This was equally true four years
ago.

oe wrote:
Sorry - it wasn't that many years ago; in fact, the last time I saw it
taught this way was about 4 years ago when I was taking City & Guild
exams! I did explain to the lecturer why it's not a good idea - to no
avail!
"Gordon" wrote in message
"oe" wrote in message
When I went to college to learn word processing many years ago, we
were TAUGHT to save to floppy.

that's because there were no hard disk drives!

When I took another course a couple of years ago, they were still
teaching it - no wonder people go wrong!

Was that with Word? Other WP applications such as WordPerfect and
OpenOffice Write are quite capable of saving and working directly to
and from floppies - for some unknown unintelligible reason, Word
makes a temporary copy of the document being worked on in the same
place as the original! Way to go, MS!