Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Beth Melton Beth Melton is offline

Default You need to change the paste special

As noted, in Office 2010 and you'll find "Keep text only" (which is plain
text) and "Keep Source Formatting" (and other pasting options depending on
the application) on the shortcut menu and in Word and Outlook there's a
option for setting your Paste Defaults as well. Oh, and there's a Live
Preview for the Paste options if that's of any interest to you.

Oh, and I hope you achieved a third goal which is Microsoft already
implemented your suggestion. ;-)

~Beth Melton
Microsoft Office MVP

"MyHandsy" wrote in message
Thanks Beth.

Others have suggested this. I understand there are ways to permanently
disable formatted pasting (which I don't want to do) and macros/QAT things
can do to expose the options. This is no mystery to me. I simply want
"pasting without formatting" to be in a context (right click) menu next to
"past with formatting." Other applications do this and it is remarkably
useful.

The dozens of other words in my original post which don't convey this
simple
suggestion were designed to 1) vent a little, and 2) get the fanboys wound
up
because that's usually pretty funny.

I acheived both goals .

"Beth Melton" wrote:

Does the Paste Options button and "Keep text only" not work for you? This
is
what I use for stripping the formats.

Additionally, in Office 2010 (including Outlook) if you click the arrow
below Paste you'll see same options as you do when using the Paste
button (they're on the shortcut menus too). That way you can select "Keep
text only" as you are pasting. :-)