Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
[email protected] rbashant@gmail.com is offline

Default HELP! Un-editable Carriage Returns in Footnotes

On Thursday, September 14, 2017 at 9:48:07 PM UTC-4, Peter T. Daniels wrote:
Maybe you marked a footnote reference Hidden Text?

Maybe the one you can't select is an actual footnote-ender and the _other_ one is the stray paragraph mark.

On Thursday, September 14, 2017 at 2:49:32 PM UTC-4, arby wrote:
On Sunday, May 28, 2017 at 2:51:37 PM UTC-4, Peter T. Daniels wrote:
On Sunday, May 28, 2017 at 2:32:58 PM UTC-4, wrote:

Almost 5 years, and this is still the best answer on the Interwebz for this. Thanks Peter!

;-)

But how about when there is a stray return in only one footnote and I cannot delete or even click on it and it cannot be found in the footnote separator line as described above?

I have footnote 8, 9, 10 on one page with a stray hard return after (on the following line) footnote 10. I cannot get to that hard return. If I create a page break to force footnote 10 to the next page, footnote 10 appears just above footnote 11 and the stray hard return is gone (from the original page and did not move with fn #10 to the next).?. I do not know what is happening here.