Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
[email protected] georginalewis2010@gmail.com is offline

Default Does anyone know where I can find a template for form 1099 & 1096

On Wednesday, January 28, 2009 at 11:37:40 AM UTC-5, TWalker1957 wrote:
I am trying to find a template that will allow me to enter data for forms
1099 and 1096. I have the preprinted forms but no typewriter to type the
information in with. Don't want to purchase a typewriter just to do a couple
of tax forms and don't want to hand write them.

folks,,, after reading all of the above I just went into my excel and formatted it to the best of my initial ability... printed it and then adjusted the columns and rows. Viola it worked. I printed the 1099's in a matter of 30 minutes. less time than reading all these post.

IN ADDITION, i realized that when you read the help text in the quickbooks system it tells you how to 'add' a vendor to text the system thus validating that the vendors will show up on the 1099 report. WELL that is a big WINK WINK... go do the expense add for the vendor for the total and it will show up to print. ALSO make sure that you put it to an expense account NOT a sub account on the P&L.

hope this helps!