Posted to microsoft.public.word.newusers
Dawn Crosier, MVP Dawn Crosier, MVP is offline

Default manual duplex and page order problems Word 2003

Just a thought, but try setting the "Reverse Print Order" for one set of
your prints. (Tools, Options, Print) When using Reverse Print Order, Word
will print the final page first, and then the next to last, etc. You may
need to play with it just a little, but since you can get it to work
performing a manual shuffling of your paper, perhaps you can let Word
shuffle for you.

Good Luck.

--
Dawn Crosier
Microsoft MVP

This message was posted to a newsgroup, Please post replies and questions
to the group so that others can learn as well.
"Robert M Jones" wrote in message
I have an HP Deskjet 710C, using an MS XP-Home printer driver (there is no
updated HP driver available other than that in XP and the driver offers
very limited printing options as compared to the original HP driver I used
on Win 98SE until I "up?"graded)
Duplex printing is driving me spare!
The printer dialog offers a manual duplex option but is unable to handle
page order unless I manually resort the pages after printing the first
side.
Exactly the same result occurs with "collate" checked and unchecked
Manual duplex appears to offer no advantages over simply printing the odd
pages, then resorting and printing the even pages.

I suspect I know the answer to this - but is there any way I can print
duplex without having to manually resort all my pages before re-inserting
in the printer for the reverse side to print?

Many thanks.

--
Rev Robert M Jones, Wimborne Baptist Church, UK
http://www.wimborne-baptist.org.uk