Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
yepp

Default ver. Word 2003, style bar won't go away

Suzanne S. Barnhill wrote:
Tools | Options | View: Style area width: 0"

"yepp" wrote in message
oups.com...
In Print view, Word 2003 displays a style bar along the left-hand side
that sometimes goes away, but reappears and overlaps the document. It
is not connected to the document, but rather a floating 1" style list.

How do I turn that off?

If I want to see the style bar, I use Normal view. I want Print view
to be just that - print view only.

Suzanne,

It still stays there even when turned off.