darbea

Default How do I get proper numbering level in outline numbering

I am using Word 2003 and cannot get Outline Numbering to insert the proper
level of numbering. I have tried right clicking/increase indent and then
format/bullets and numbering/choosing the level I want (level 2) and clicking
OK and it just goes back to level one. I have tried shift/alt/right arrow
and then format, etc. and it still goes back to level one. Is there a
problem with this version of Word that anyone knows? I work in a law office
and would like to use this feature often but cannot get it to work. HELP!!!