TF

To follow on...

to make your own ellipsis, enter a stop, a non-breaking space
(Ctrl+Shift+Space), a stop, a non-breaking space and a final stop. It is too
wide now, so select the ellipsis and use Format, Font and adjust the
character spacing to say -0.5pt. This will reduce the spacing until it looks
more like an ellipsis. Adjust the character spacing until it looks as you
want. Now select it and save it as an AutoText entry or even replace the
AutoCorrect entry for the ellipsis with it.

--
Terry Farrell - Word MVP
http://word.mvps.org/

"Travis" travis_at_charbeneau_dot_net wrote in message
: Hi, All,
:
: Does anyone know how to get a tri-dot "ellipsis" with three periods ...
: without Word 2000 changing it into its own, non-text-exportable (and
miserably
: small) _character_ for ellipsis ...?
:
: I have no idea what will be displayed, but perhaps you've encountered the
: phenomenon. Using a period with a space in between each of the three will
preserve a
: true ellipsis, but then it's too big.
:
: "ellipsis" is in the Help index, even a key word, but all I get on
selecting it is
: info on tab stops!
:
: Many thanks,