Travis

Julie,

Dang. I should have tried your idea first, but got into Autocorrect stuff below and
deleted the un-text-exportable Word ellipsis character before I tried a simple undo.
Since I don't really want it back ... I'm commited to having written a new rule.

But your idea has a nice "Occam's Razor," "most simple attack is best approach" that
I like.

Many thanks,

Travis

"JulieD" wrote in message
Hi Travis

as soon as word changes the ... do ctrl & z (shortcut key combo for undo) to undo
the change - also you could choose tools / autocorrect (options) - find the ...
entry and delete it

Cheers
JulieD

"Travis" travis_at_charbeneau_dot_net wrote in message
Hi, All,

Does anyone know how to get a tri-dot "ellipsis" with three periods ...
without Word 2000 changing it into its own, non-text-exportable (and miserably
small) _character_ for ellipsis ...?

I have no idea what will be displayed, but perhaps you've encountered the
phenomenon. Using a period with a space in between each of the three will
preserve a true ellipsis, but then it's too big.

"ellipsis" is in the Help index, even a key word, but all I get on selecting it
is info on tab stops!

Many thanks,

Travis