Posted to microsoft.public.word.pagelayout
Chris Jones Chris Jones is offline

Default Vertical Text

I have managed to change the direction of text in Word. I am not talking
about the text direction inside a text box or table cell, but the default
background text. The text direction button is greyed-out (as you are not
supposed to be able to change it in the first place).

I caused the problem by using Adobe Acrobat Pro to convert a pdf document to
a word document. Opening the document resulted in vertical text, and now all
newly created documents have the same vertical text formatting, with a
horizontal cursor shown at the top right of the page, facing down to type
text in a vertical direction.

I would like to change it back!