Posted to microsoft.public.word.pagelayout

Default how to remove blank last page

Note that a section break stores the formatting of the previous section.
When you delete it, Word will use the formatting of the following break (or
the section formatting stored in the final paragraph mark if you are
deleting the final section break of a document). After you've deleted the
break, change the orientation back to Landscape using the Page Setup dialog
box.

See also the "If you really want to delete the temporary section break ..."
section of the article at
http://word.mvps.org/faqs/formatting...thSections.htm.

--
Stefan Blom
Microsoft Word MVP

"KarenY" wrote in message
That's what I would like to delete. It doesn't let me to.

Also if I delete the section break, the landscape format is gone for page,
returns to the same orientation as "portrait" as the other pages. (1st 5
pages = portrait, last page is for the table and landscape).

"Stefan Blom" wrote:

Note that you can format the section break as hidden (or 1 pt). Of
course,
if it isn't needed (I haven't been reading the whole thread), it would be
easier to just delete it.

--
Stefan Blom
Microsoft Word MVP

"Suzanne S. Barnhill" wrote in message
Format | Font | Hidden, but it won't work, either, because you clearly
have a section break; see my other post.

http://word.mvps.org

"KarenY" wrote in message
1 pt. didn't work and I did reduce the table for more than 3 rows.

What "Hidden" mean by you please ?

"Suzanne S. Barnhill" wrote:

If one point didn't do it, did Hidden not work? Can you reduce the
height of
the table slightly?

http://word.mvps.org

"KarenY" wrote in message
news There was a section break before the table.
Let me put all the pieces together :

first 5 pages = portrait
section break
page 6 = landscape, it's the table but there's still some line
spacing
on
the page
actually page 6 is the last page of the document
but then page 7 = blank page which was created automatically and
that
couldn't remove it

As in your (Suzanne) page, there would be a paragraph after the
table,
there's no paragraph on page 6, it's on page 7 (portrait), so I've
changed
into 1 point, it's a blank page (pg.7).
I can't see a para. after the table on the same page (pg. 6), I
pressed
the
"backspace" from page 7, then the cursor went back on the top of
the
table
in
pg.6 and I don't see a section break after the table.

I am completely lost now....
Please help.

thanks
Karen

"Suzanne S. Barnhill" wrote:

You need a section break before the table but not after.

http://word.mvps.org

"KarenY" wrote in message
yes, but I didn't do it myself. its automatically there because
the
1st
5
pages are portrait, then I have to add a section break for the
6th
page
for
the table.
Can I get rid of the section break ?

"Doug Robbins - Word MVP" wrote:

Do you have a Section Break after the table? What is the
orientation
of
the
unwanted blank page? If it is portrait, then for sure you do
have
Section
Break after the table.

--
Hope this helps.

Please reply to the newsgroup unless you wish to avail yourself
of
my
services on a paid consulting basis.

msnews.microsoft.com

"KarenY" wrote in message
Hi Suzanne,

I have the same problem as this threat and did try to resolve
as
you
wrote
in the link listed below but no success after having tried
for
almost
an
hour
!

I have the table in my last page and I did change the font of
the
last
para.
into 1 point, as a matter of fact, after the table, I still
have
couple
of
rows (space) on the page too.

Here's my file is:
6 pages, first 5 pages are portrait, 6th page is landscape
with
the
table.
There are header and footer for the file.

Would that be something to do with the section ?

Please help ? I know it may be simple but I just couldn't get
there....
thanks
Karen

"Suzanne S. Barnhill" wrote:

See http://sbarnhill.mvps.org/WordFAQs/BlankPage.htm

http://word.mvps.org

"frus" wrote in message
how do you get rid of a blank last page of a doc? I've
tried
bs
and
delete the reviewing characters but can't. I'm about to
jump
off
cliff
for
spending so much time on something that should be simple!

.

.

.

.