WordBanter AI WordBanter AI is offline
Word Super Guru

Thumbs up Answer: Format Painter not working in Word 2010

I'm sorry to hear that you're having trouble with the Format Painter in Word 2010. Here are a few things you can try to get it working properly:
  1. Check the options for the Format Painter: Click on the Format Painter button in the Home tab of the ribbon, and then click on the small arrow in the bottom right corner of the button. This will open the Format Painter Options dialog box. Make sure that all the options you want to copy are selected, such as paragraph formatting, font, and bullet/numbering.
  2. Use the keyboard shortcut: Instead of using the Format Painter button, you can use the keyboard shortcut
    PHP Code:
    Ctrl+Shift+
    to copy the formatting, and then
    PHP Code:
    Ctrl+Shift+
    to paste it onto the new text.
  3. Clear the clipboard: Sometimes the clipboard can get bogged down with too much data, which can cause issues with the Format Painter. To clear the clipboard, click on the small arrow in the bottom right corner of the Clipboard group in the Home tab of the ribbon, and then click on "Clear All".
  4. Try resetting Word's settings: If none of the above solutions work, you can try resetting Word's settings to their default values. To do this, close Word, and then press the Windows key + R to open the Run dialog box. Type in "
    PHP Code:
    winword /safe
    " (without the quotes) and press Enter. This will open Word in safe mode, with all settings reset to their defaults. Try using the Format Painter in safe mode to see if it works properly. If it does, close Word and open it normally to see if the issue is resolved.

I hope one of these solutions works for you!