I can't imagine why that doesn't work, but do this one instead. For this,
*don't* check "Use wildcards."

1. Put ^p^p in the "Find what" box.

2. Put ^p in the "Replace with" box.

Keep punching Replace All until you get 0 replacements.

If that doesn't work, then it's because the paragraphs contain text (spaces,
tabs), which would also explain why the previous method didn't work. I
assume you have nonprinting characters displayed so that you can see these
things?

"Jason" wrote in message
YES, Is there a way I can just use a style or something?

"Suzanne S. Barnhill" wrote:

Did you have "Use wildcards" checked?

newsgroup so
all may benefit.

"Jason" wrote in message
^13{2,} did not wark. Nothing happened, can I use a macro or a temp.

or
something??

"Suzanne S. Barnhill" wrote:

Well, 50 pages is not really a long document, but it's pretty long

to be
doing this manually. You can remove excess paragraph marks as

follows:

1. Press Ctrl+H to open the Replace dialog.

2. Click on the More button to expand the dialog.

3. Check the box for "Use wildcards."

4. In the "Find what" box, type ^13{2,}

5. Leave the "Replace with" box empty.

6. Replace All.

newsgroup so
all may benefit.

"Jason" wrote in message
I have a old and very long document, this document is over 50

pages
long
and
was created by someone else in Microsoft Word document does not

have
page
breaks the individual continuously hit the enter key to move the

text
down
new page was designed. Ther instead of letting wordwrap

automatically
the
individual always hit a hard return. the individual hit the

space-bar
key
continuously to move text to the last is there a way other than

manually
deleting all the returns and spaces set this document and so it

looks
right