Posted to microsoft.public.word.newusers
Square Peg Square Peg is offline

Default the way to count the number of lettes in the report (Word 2007)

On Wed, 1 Apr 2009 09:51:02 -0700, crystal
wrote:

I am writting short report for my homework in class
The limitation of report is that there must be less than 2000 numbers of
letters(characters). So I have to count the number of letters in my report
whether there are more than 2000 letters in the report or not.
Can anybody tell me that?

There is a field containing the word count for the document (and the
selected text) in the status bar at the bottom of the screen. (Words:
nnnnn). Simply click on that field and a info box will pop up with the
other counts.