Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Tomothy Tomothy is offline

Default Doing a "Right Click New Word Document" does not use Normal templa

Hello. We have a custom Office install that replaces the right click context
menu with links to creating new .doc files instead of .docx files. I'm not
sure if that has anything to do with it, but when you do that, the users font
and formatting settings in their NORMAL.DOT file are not loaded. It defaults
to hideous Calibri font! Is there any way around this? Opening Word from the
Start menu loads the NORMAL.DOT file correctly, so does doing a FileNew from
within Word. Thanks