Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Graham Mayor Graham Mayor is offline

Default Word 2007 - Save As keeps popping up

This is a new one! There is no autosave setting in Word, only an autosave of
recovery information which does not use the Save As dialog. I would suggest
you attend to http://www.gmayor.com/what_to_do_when_word_crashes.htm then
http://word.mvps.org/FAQs/AppErrors/...artingWord.htm with particular
attention to the normal template, add-ins and the data key in the registry.

MystikKid wrote:
Hi -

I have been using MS Word 2007 all day. Now when I open a new or
existing document...the Save As box launches I hit save as..it
immediately pops back up. The only way to get rid of it is to quickly
close down Word after I close the save as box. Or I have to hold
down my power button. I am unable to use word because I can not type
in the document because Save As keeps popping up.

I already changed the save settings do not save every 10 minutes, not
save automatically. I did a full virus scan and my pc is clean. MS
Office 2007 came pre-installed when I purchased the laptop from Dell
in 2007.

Is it a registry setting that is corrupted? Please help me resolve
this issue.

thank you for your time.