Posted to microsoft.public.word.newusers
Jay Freedman Jay Freedman is offline

Default Indent in the first line.

See http://www.word.mvps.org/FAQs/Format...lyIndented.htm.

--
Regards,
Jay Freedman

Rabbit wrote:
I am writing my thesis and suddenly there is an indet on every first
line of the page. It just appeared there. My thesis is double spaced
and justafied.

Nothing shows on the ruler on top of the page. I looked at the
formatting palett and played around with indents and everything is
set at zero indent.

I noticed when I highlighted the text by dragging my cursor across
the page all the text highlights in yellow where the indented line in
question highlights in black.

I went back to earlier versions of my thesis where ther is no first
line indent and the first line highlights in yellow just like all the
other lines. I think that is a hint of what is wrong. But I can't
figure it out. I bet the solution is simple so I turn to you the
people on this disscusstion group.