Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
garfield-n-odie [MVP]

Default Why can't I copy and paste text from the internet to MS Word?

You might also try the suggestion at
http://groups.google.com/group/micro...4dc5d42adf2ff4
.. I don't really recommend doing this except as a
troubleshooting measure... if this fixes the problem, then try
running 'Detect and Repair' on your Office software.

Lassie wrote:

I tried this and did get a little further - I succeeded in pasting the text
into Word but then once I tried to do anything else to the document it froze
and had to end task in Task Manager again :-( Any other ideas???

"garfield-n-odie [MVP]" wrote:

When pasting, try clicking on Edit | Paste Special | Paste: As:
Unformatted text | OK.

Potsdamerplatz wrote:

Today I installed my new Microsoft Office Student & Teacher edition. I have
used this program before at work and at the local library, and have had no
problems in the past copying text from the internet and pasting it into a
word document (usually just BBC News reports - text only, no photographs)

But the version I have installed on my home computer won't let me do this.
Whenever I copy text from the internet onto the clipboard and attempt to
paste it into Word, the whole program freezes. I can't even close Word down
without opening up Windows Task Manager ans closing it that way.

It's extremely frustrating and I feel my copy of MS Office is not good value
for money. The program is 100% genuine as it registered and activated ok so
it's not a copy.

Can anyone please help or else maybe you are having a similar problem?