Posted to microsoft.public.word.mailmerge.fields

Default Format date from MM/dd/yyyy to MM/dd

Can you find out what data type the field has in the Access database? Is it
a "date", or is it actually set up to be "text"? Which version of
Word/Access, and how are you oonnecing to the Word database? Are you in a
position to create queries in the database or use VBA in Word?

(FWIW I would expect your first two examples to work).

Peter Jamieson
"DeepThought" wrote in message
The field in my Access database is Birth.

The data in the field appears as ex. 10/2/1964 but when printed on a
report
it should appear as 10/2.

I've tried the following:
{Mergefield Birth \@ "MM/dd"}
{Mergefield "Birth" \@ "MM/dd"}
{Mergefield Birth \* "MM/dd"}
{Mergefield "Birth" \* "MM/dd"}

but the data returned is 10/2/1964.

Any help?

I need to have this resolved by THU close of business.

Thanks in advance.