Graham Mayor

See http://www.gmayor.com/word_text_to_speech.htm

jayratch wrote:
I noticed a text to speech feature in Excel 2003, so I tried to use
it in word. I clicked Speech in the Tools menu and got a dialogue
about speech recognition. That does me no good, I can type better
than I can speak at the moment.

Will word actually output speech, or do I actually need to copy-paste
text into Excel for that? There must be a setting I missed because I
can't imagine putting a reading feature in the numbers program but
not the words program. But the help system told me nothing, I think
it's very excited about the speech to text and that's great but I
don't need it.

Any idea where the setting is to make it talk?

I've been using word since 1993, and I've had computers that talk
since 1986, but never those two on the same machine.