Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Debra Ann Debra Ann is offline

Default Update Fields in Footnotes

Thanks for all. It did update the footnote fields from what I tested also.
--
Debra Ann

"Graham Mayor" wrote:

The update macro you refer to should update fields contained in footnote
entries, and does so in my tests here - however it is true that sometimes
individual problematic story ranges may have to be addressed separately. If
you find that it doesn't update the fields in your document, let me know
more about the document and its fields that don't update.

Stefan Blom wrote:
Generally, you can use the macro at
http://www.gmayor.com/installing_macro.htm to update fields in all
stories (headers, footers, text boxes, and so on). However, this does
not seem to work (reliably) for fields in footnotes. You may want to
ask in a programming newsgroup such as
microsoft.public.word.vba.general for assistance with this.

"Debra Ann" wrote in message
Word 2003

I have the following two sets of code but neither updates fields
that are placed in my footnotes. What code do I need to get the
footnotes updated? Selection.WholeStory
Selection.Fields.Update

ActiveDocument.Fields.Update
--