Posted to microsoft.public.word.newusers
removing all headers and footers[_2_] removing all headers and footers[_2_] is offline

Default change characters on keys in Word 2003

Hi, thanks. I have done that. At the top of the languages, two are currently
checked, English and Spanish. I do not want Spanish to be checked, but
rechecking English still leaves it,English, and Spanish checked at the top.
How do I get rid of Spanish and get it back down into the alphabetical list?
Thanks.
\

Also, yesterday, when I went into a new blank page, document, it still was
doing the key changes.... in that blank document. I had the other older
document into another file view, first, however. Then switched to a new
document with same problems. I will try your change today and see what
happens.... best, Joe

"Terry Farrell" wrote:

Are you saying it only happens when working on that one manuscript? If so, I
suggest opening the manuscript, select it all (Ctrl+A) and then use Tools,
Language, Set Language and make sure that it is set to your local default
and that the Automatically detect Language is deselected.

--
Terry Farrell - MSWord MVP

"removing all headers and footers"
t.com wrote in message
A very odd problem developed lately as I type in Word 2003. When I am
working
on an old manuscript file to update it, after a while, some of the
punctuation keys shift, for example the - key becomes a [ key, and the "
key
becomes a ( key, and so forth. This seems to reset Word for all new files
as
well, not just the old one I was working on. The only way to get the keys
back to normal is to exit Word, and then come back in. I only use one
add-in,"save reminder", and it has never done this before. Any ideas what
could be causing this strange key behavior? thanks, Joe