Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Paul Paul is offline

Default Page count fluxuates

I've troubleshot this down to a selection of the printer. Maybe there
some font mapping is going on. When I change printers from local real
printer to Adobe PDF printer, the entire document changes slightly so
that it is 6.1 pages. If I change back to the local printer, the
document becomes 6 pages again. This is quite an insiduous
problem...it's going to be quite a challenge pairing away 2 lines
(actually four lines in single-column) since everything is hyper-
terse.

On Aug 10, 11:03*am, Paul wrote:
I am preparing a document for a conference, which has a 6-page limit.
When I view my document in Word, it takes exactly 6 pages, even after
Print Preview (which updates all cross-references).

Then I print to a PDF file using the Adobe PDF printer. *Egads! *The
PDF is 2 lines longer than 6 pages! *I look back at the Word file. *It
is also 2 lines longer than 6 pages. *So I save the now-altered Word
file as a 6.1-page version and close all Word documents to ensure that
the Word process is terminated. *When I re-open the 6.1-page version,
it's 6-pages again!

I try again to print to PDF, and both the PDF and the Word files
become 6.1-pages.

Needless to say, the issue is...perplexing (and I'm being very
understated here).

I am using Word 2003 on Windows XP, and I'm using the conference paper
template "WCECS 2010 Proceeding Templates" athttp://www.iaeng.org/WCECS2010/ICSEEM2010.html,

If you can propose an explanation for this conversion of 6-page to 6.1-
page, and maybe a workaround, I'd much appreciate it.