Posted to microsoft.public.word.newusers,microsoft.public.excel
Jack Gillis

Default Word's Mail Merge of an Excel List

Thank you very much. I didn't get it to work the first try but I will try
again in the morning.

"CyberTaz" wrote in message
IIRC, the main doc should be set up as a table, so you should be able to
select the table, then go to TableTable PropertiesCell, select Center
from
the Vertical Alignment options.

HTH |:)
Bob Jones
[MVP] Office:Mac

On 6/10/06 5:13 PM, in article ,
"Jack
Gillis" wrote:

I am trying to follow the Excel help file in using Word 2003 to produce
labels from a list of names in Excel 2003. I want to just put the First
Name field on the labels. The instructions are very clear and I can
produce
the labels just as I want them on the Avery labels except for one minor
problem. I want the First Name centered both horizontally and vertically
on
the label. I can center it horizontally but can find no way to do it
vertically. The name in a large font size, say 48 or 72, is noticeably
nearer the top of the label than the center.

Is there a way to make it appear in the center top to bottom?

Thank you.