Posted to microsoft.public.word.mailmerge.fields
RebeccaJHB RebeccaJHB is offline

Default Why does merge print only the first label?

Okay, I've worked on this all day and still no better. I printed out your
stuff and followed it step by step. I downloaded the four part turtorial and
followed it step by step. I have a whole collection of files from starting
all over again. I'm still getting the same result. Somebody PLEASE HELP ME!

Rebecca

"RebeccaJHB" wrote:

I told you I'm an idiot! I looked at both of those but when I saw all the
buttons up top, I thought there was some mistake. I just looked again and
realized that I needed to scroll down. I will print it out and try again,
but it will probably be tomorrow before I can do it.

Rebecca

"Graham Mayor" wrote:

That's because you have not propagated the labels, therefore there are no
Next fields automatically included. It is the Next record fields that move
through the data. This is all explained in the links that I posted to this
thread on the 12th July! -
http://www.gmayor.com/mail_merge_lab...th_word_xp.htm or
http://www.gmayor.com/merge_labels_with_word_2007.htm

RebeccaJHB wrote:
Oops, I should rephrase that. It puts the first name on all three
labels on the first page, the second name on all three labels on the
second page, et cetera.

Rebecca

"RebeccaJHB" wrote:

"Peter Jamieson" wrote:

After you have set up the fields and layout that you want in your
labels, you have to copy those fields/layout to all the other label
cells in the table. In Word 2007 you should be able to use the
"Update labels" button in the "Write and Insert Fields" panel of
the Mailings tab to do that. In Word XP/2003 there's a "propagate
labels" button in the Mail Merge toolbar and a button in the Mail
merge Wizard that does the same thing.

Then you have to merge to printer or to a new output document and
print that.

NB on Tablet PC and Vista PCs with some tablet/multimedia
capabilities this function does not always work properly. If you
find it just copies one or two labels in the top row and some in
the bottom row, see http://tips.pjmsn.me.uk/t0005.htm

--
Peter Jamieson
http://tips.pjmsn.me.uk

"Sher" wrote in message

I have 2007. After I do "update labels" it puts the first file in
my list on all the labels. I have printed out the help file on
merging and I'm still going crazy. I am trying to print name tags
using an Avery label. I have three fields name, state, and staus.
I can't figure out how to get it to do the whole list.

Rebecca