Nick Demetriou

Default Word Printing Problem

WARD PRINTING PROBLEM:
Trying to print a document the hourglass hangs around for an abnormally long
time and without the printer being activated.

After pressing Control/Alt/Delete, I see "Document is not responding."

When I click "End Task" the printer gets activated and the document prints.

I have tried all kinds of troubleshooting but unsuccessfully.

WHAT ELSE I HAVE DONE:
1. Uninstalled/reinstalled Printer to Epsons instructions, step by step and
very carefully.
2. Checked to se if the problem was corrected but unfortunately NO.
3. Uninstalled/reinstalled Office 2003 with the same unsuccessful results.
In my view the problem is with the Word and not with the printer.
Following is a sample of the error I get when I try to print either on Word
or notepad or WordPad.

FILES IN THE ERROR REPORT:
C:\\DOCUME~1\Owner\Locals~1\Temp\Wer5928diroo\note pad.exe.mdmp
C:\\DOCUME~1\Owner\Locals~1\Temp\Wer5928diroo\appc ompat.txt

ERROR SIGNATU
szAppName:notepad.exe:51.2600.2180 szModName:hungup szMover:0.0.0.0 offset
00000000 (Substitute notepad for word or WordPad)

Also, when trying to print a document, a message at the bottom of the Word
screen shows €śWard is preparing to background print the Document€ť

I further tried to do System Restore, before uninstalling and reinstalling
and the process would not go through. A message came up telling me that
nothing was changed and to select another date; I did that and again with the
same unsuccessful results. It looks to me that I need to scrape everything
off my drive and start from scratch.

Could anyone help me correct the problem without having to
uninstall/reinstall windows XP, homes edition on my Inspiron 2600 laptop?

Thank you.

Nick