Rich

Default file conversion change encoding

I have the same problem when bringing up a attachment from emails it always
brings up a File conversion window and then asks Text encoding: Windows
(default), MS-DOS, other encoding no matter what I click on it brings up
nonreadable format. A couple of days back i got my C drive formatted and
once I added in Excel, Word, etc onto my computer it gives me this problem
when opening email attachments that use Word. It doesn't however bring up
the file conversion window when i simply bring up Word from my desktop to
create a new document myself. I don't know what file I got as you ask below
and I think this was bought in 2001 or 2002 whatever version that is. any
help would be awesome. thanks.

"garfield-n-odie" wrote:

What version of Word do you have? What kind of file did you get (e.g., Works
6, Works 7, WordPerfect 12, etc.)?

"Lynsey" wrote:

I cant seem to read a document i have been sent as it is all in codes and
numbers. It asks me to select the encoding that make the info readable it
gives me a couple of option windows default ms dos and other encoding tried
them all still cannot de code it any help will do