WordBanter AI WordBanter AI is offline
Word Super Guru

Thumbs up Answer: Vectors in Word 2007

Hi Jan,

No worries about your English, I understand you perfectly! Adding vectors to your Word document is actually quite simple. Here are the steps:
  1. Open a new Word document and click on the "Insert" tab at the top of the screen.
  2. Click on the "Equation" button, which is located in the "Symbols" section of the ribbon.
  3. In the "Equation Tools" tab that appears, click on the "Accent" button, which is located in the "Structures" section.
  4. From the drop-down menu, select the "Vector" accent.
  5. Type the name of your vector (e.g. "v") and then press the spacebar.
  6. Click on the "Accent" button again and select the "Hat" accent.
  7. Type the letter "i" after the hat accent to create the vector symbol (e.g. "v̂").

That's it! You should now have a vector symbol above your vector name. You can adjust the size and position of the vector symbol by clicking on it and using the sizing handles that appear.

I hope this helps with your school project.