Posted to microsoft.public.word.mailmerge.fields

Default How to print double sided postcard using mail merge

This cannot be done with mailmerge alone. What you need to do is execute
two merges, one for the front side and one for the back, each one to a new
document, then use a macro to combine those documents into a single document
taking alternate pages for each and then print that combined document to
your duplex printer.

I have previously set this sort of thing up for a person who was merging two
postcards to a sheet for which the following macro was used to combine the
documents. It will probably need modification for your four cards per
sheet:

Sub CombineDocs()

Dim sourcea As Document, sourceb As Document, target As Document

Dim i As Long, j As Long

Dim arange As Range

Set target = Documents.Open(FileName:="c:\target.doc")

Set sourcea = Documents.Open(FileName:="c:\sourcea.doc")

Set sourceb = Documents.Open(FileName:="c:\sourceb.doc")

j = 2 * sourcea.Tables(1).Rows.Count - 1

For i = 1 To j

target.Tables(1).Rows.Add

Next i

With sourcea.Tables(1)

For i = 1 To .Rows.Count

Set arange = .Rows(i).Cells(1).Range

arange.End = arange.End - 1

If i Mod 2 = 1 Then

j = 1

Else

j = 2

End If

target.Tables(1).Cell(2 * i - j, 1).Range.FormattedText = arange

Next i

End With

With sourceb.Tables(1)

For i = 1 To .Rows.Count

Set arange = .Rows(i).Cells(1).Range

arange.End = arange.End - 1

If i Mod 2 = 1 Then

j = 1

Else

j = 0

End If

target.Tables(1).Cell(2 * i + j, 1).Range.FormattedText = arange

Next i

End With

sourcea.Close wdDoNotSaveChanges

sourceb.Close wdDoNotSaveChanges

End Sub

--
Hope this helps.

services on a paid consulting basis.

Doug Robbins - Word MVP

"taxmom" wrote in message
I need to print a postcards using 4 cards per 8 1/2 x 11 paper. I want to
put merge specific data on the front of the card and the clients name and
mailing address on the back of the card. Can anyone walk me through the
steps to do this. I am not having any problems with the mail merge
function,
I just can't figure out how to do the double sided merge. I do have
duplex
printing capabilities