Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Tony Jollans

Default incomplete punctuation mark

Probably the printer driver - have you got the latest one for your new
version of Windows - check out the manufacturer's web site.

--
Enjoy,
Tony

"laurence peddle" wrote in
message ...
Windows XP. Word 2002. Also, ViewSonic 19 inch TFT monitor.All new.
I've noticed with this new pc that there is something wrong with the
possessive apostrophe, which doubles as a single quotation mark, and with

the
double quotation marks. Although they look ok on the screen, including in
print preview mode, they print with the tails missing, so that they look
really odd, especially when it's a double quotation mark.It's the same
printer as with the old pc, which didn't give me the same problem.
Can anyone explain to me the source of the problem? Is it the printer or
keyboard? Is it software or hardware? What can I do to rectify it?
Answers greatly appreciated.
Laurence