Steve

Default Find File with Word 2000 & XP

(I tried to submit this question a couple of days ago and believe it was not
received. I can't find any trace of that posting. I am NOT trying to post
duplicate messages.)

Can anyone help me with this? I use Word 2000's Find File feature a lot so I
can search for a word that could be in any of several hundred Word files.
This worked fine with Windows 98SE, but now that I've installed XP, I can't
use Word's Find File feature. When I try to, I get an error message saying
that "Word was unable to install the necessary filters. This search cannot be
completed."

I have uninstalled Word (and all of Office) and reinstalled it, but the same
problem persists. Do anyone have any suggestions so I can solve this problem,
keeping Word 2000 and XP?

Many thanks.
--
Steve