Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement

Default All Documents Locked! How to Unlock?

Maybe you have a trial version of Office 2003, and the trial period has
ended. Or maybe you have not activated your Office software.

What happens if you start Word and click on Help | Activate Product? If
you are already activated, a dialog box saying so will appear. If you
are not activated, the Activation Wizard will start. If you have an
expired trial version, a dialog box will prompt you to enter a valid
product key or convert (purchase a key) online.

aswcat11 wrote:
Please HELP!

My Microsoft Word from Office 2003 will not all me to type anything into any
document (not even a new one). The message coming up in the bottom, left
corner says: "This modification is not allowed because the document has been
locked." Most of the options in the menus are unavailable, so I can't even
try looking for solutions under 'Options', etc. I have tried fully removing
Small Business 2003, and then installing it again from CD. This has made no
difference. How can I unlock it?

Please, frustrated and impeded.