Posted to microsoft.public.word.newusers
mazorj mazorj is offline

Default How do I delete items in the Recent Document list?

A more incremental method is to just ignore the outdated listing and
manually open then save it. Eventually the old link will fall off the
bottom of the list. No messing around in Registry or reading up
on specific procedures. (Yeah, the Lazy Man's Way usually works
for me.)

"Herb Tyson [MVP]" wrote in message
What version of Word? If Word 2003 or earlier, press Ctrl+Alt+Dash
(top row dash... between 0/) and+/=). This turns the pointer into a
big dash. Click on File, and then click on the file you want removed
from the list.

If you're using Word 2007, there's no easy and direct way. You can
set the number of recent documents to 0 and then back to the desired
number. But, that gets rid of them all, rather than selectively.

--
Herb Tyson MS MVP
Author of the Word 2007 Bible

"MT the Marble" MT the wrote in
message ...
I move files a lot around my harddrive. When I want to open a file I
recently
opened, it's there on the Recent Documents list. However, I have
most
probably moved the file and I have to re-open it the manual way. Is
there any
way to delete the files there?