Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement

Default How do I get the outline around my labels to show?

So your question has nothing to do with the original subject line? What does
"The cells and columns were set (by default) to be 8.5"." mean?

Some of the Microsoft label definitions show only a single label when you
use the New Document feature. I find this confusing.

"BYBaby" wrote in message
She is using Word 2007 as well and we did the commands you referred to
with
no success. That is why I questioned the default setting of her labels.
--
Yvonne Mays

"Suzanne S. Barnhill" wrote:

As previously explained, this setting has nothing to do with labels per
se.
If she's using Word 2003 or earlier, tell her to turn the display of
gridlines on with Table | Show Gridlines. In Word 2007, the command is
Table
Tools | Layout | View Gridlines.

"BYBaby" wrote in message
I have a user that is having problems with the borders showing when she
creates labels. I can create the same type label from my machine and it
works
great but not on hers. She emailed me the document she created and I
checked
the properties. The cells and columns were set (by default) to be 8.5".
changed them to match the settings on my machine but it only creates
one
label in the top left hand corner. We went through Mailing, Labels, and
then
options to select the type of label we needed. Is there a way to
correct
the
default setting for these??
--
Yvonne Mays

"Suzanne S. Barnhill" wrote:

That's because you're using Word 2007. Table | Show Gridlines is the
proper
menu item for Word 2003 and earlier.

"LadyH95" wrote in message
When I did this, it showed gridlines - made it look like graph paper
on
my
screen.

I had better luck with
"Design" tab
the drop down box next to the "Borders" button
"View Gridlines"

LadyH95

"Jezebel" wrote:

Table Show gridlines

"eyes0pen" wrote in message
Until recently when I created a new document of labels the
individual
labels
were visible. Now when I want to create a page of labels, I have
guess
where each label starts and finishes as the label outline is no
longer
visible. How do I get it back again?