Posted to microsoft.public.word.newusers
Beth Melton Beth Melton is offline

Default Manage Styles window query

--
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Beth Melton
Microsoft Office MVP
https://mvp.support.microsoft.com/profile/Melton

What is a Microsoft MVP? http://mvp.support.microsoft.com/gp/mvpfaqs

"Jean-Guy Marcil" wrote in message
"Beth Melton" wrote:

No, it was TNR 10 pts until Word 2000. Then it was changed to TNR12. In
Word
2007 it's Calibri 11 pts.

To verify the latter, right-click your Desktop and select New/Word
Document.
If you recall this method bypasses the Normal template and uses the
application defaults.

I had to try it... On my machine at work, Word 2003 SP3, English UI, when
do that (Desktop New Word) I get a Word document on the desktop, but I
have to double click on it to open it. When I do, I see that the font is
Arial 12, i.e. the same as my Normal style... not TNR 12, the application
default. What am I doing wrong?

Perhaps you missed "latter"? I was referring to Word 2007, not Word 2003.
:-)

If you create a new Word document using the New shortcut you get a new
document using the factory defaults and not based on your Normal template.
This did not occur in previous versions.

If you want verify factory defaults for previous versions you can either
start Word in Safe Mode and create a new document, or use File/New, select
Blank Document, select the "Template" option, and then click OK.

~Beth Melton