Posted to microsoft.public.word.pagelayout

Default Equation line numbers

Hi Elbert,

In Word 2007 you can get to the version number through Word Options in the 'Resources' dialog
(Alt, T, O, R) or (Alt, F, I, R)

The old HelpAbout dialog is still available, but doesn't have a keyboard shortcut and the old Word 2003 one ( Alt, H, A) doesn't
work in Word 2007.

You can get to the old dialog through (a) the 'About' button in Resources (via the above route);
(b) by using View=Macros=View Macros,
selecting 'Word Commands' for 'Macros in:' at the bottom of the dialog
and running the 'HelpAbout' command or
(c) by adding a keyboard shortcut in
Office Button=Word Options=Customize=Customize Keyboard
and select All commands then 'HelpAbout'

Which item are you referring to in this case as a 'bug'? Word 2007 has its own internal Equation Editor as well as the optional
installation of the prior version Equation Editor. You can use 'linked styles' in Word to have the Equation caption and Equation
on the same line, although it's usually cleaner to use the two column table approach Suzanne mentioned.

"Elbert" wrote in message ...
I hope eventually Microsoft will fix this bug, which they have not done in the latest version of Word 2007. (I'd tell you exactly
what version I have, but with the wonderful new user interface, I can't figure out how to look up what it is. Whatever became of
help/about?)
--

Bob Buckland ?:-)
MS Office System Products MVP