If the card is fed crosswise, set the orientation to Portrait with 3" height
and 5" width. If is fed lengthwise, set it to Landscape with the same
dimensions.

"Maehdros" wrote in message
It can do the 3" x 5" index cards but the problem I get is that it doesn't
print the correct way, no matter if I do landscaping and or text direction

it
still prints it as if it were set upright (longways fed) into the

printer...
Thank you for your information thus far, it's appreciated

"Suzanne S. Barnhill" wrote:

The essential factor here is that your printer be able to print this

paper
size. If it cannot, then you won't be able to print it by any method. If

it
can print the size but doesn't have a definition for it (unlikely), then
you'll have to set the card up on some other size that is defined,

adjusting
the margins (and feeding the card) accordingly. If the printer can't

handle
this size, then you can get Avery cardstock (or the equivalent) that has
several (preperfed) 3" x 5" cards on a sheet of Letter-sized stock.

newsgroup so
all may benefit.

"Maehdros" wrote in message
news
How do I setup up in word to be able to write recipes an print them

out
on a
3" x 5" index card and have it print out correctly?