Posted to microsoft.public.word.mailmerge.fields
Jason.Bradley Jason.Bradley is offline

Default right justify dollar amounts

I've looked at the formatting word fields with switches page, but didn't see
anything that describes how to do what I suggested.

I don't know how to do a decimal aligned tab stop, but I'd like to try that,
what do I have to do to make one of those?

"Doug Robbins - Word MVP" wrote:

Insert a decimal aligned tab stop and preceed the mergefields containing the
numbers with a tab space.

Alternatively, depending upon the layout of your maindocument in may be
possible to insert the mergefields into the cells of table that have the
paragraph alignment set to be right aligned.

Also see "Formatting Word fields with switches" on fellow MVP Graham Mayor's
website at

for how to "preserve" the formatting that you are seeing in Excel.

--
Hope this helps.

services on a paid consulting basis.

Doug Robbins - Word MVP

"Jason.Bradley" wrote in message
So in excel numbers are formated to the right automatically which is nice,
but in word when merged, they become formated left to right. As a result
I'm
getting the data in the format of:

$ 320.57
$ 5.00
$ 81,000.00

my boss however would like to see this format instead:

$ 320.00
$ 5.00
$ 81,000.00

is it possible to do this safely and easily? I assume there is some sort
of
a "align right" that I can use on the field I'm merging?? Thanks! :-)