Posted to microsoft.public.word.mailmerge.fields

Default Next NEXTIF question

Same answer.

--
Hope this helps.

services on a paid consulting basis.

Doug Robbins - Word MVP

"JimmyMD" wrote in message
What I need to do is nextif only when a field in the next row is equal to
the
same field in the current row. IE: nextif mmfield1 = mmfield1 I coded
that
but it continues to give me the next row anyway. Can I do that?

"Doug Robbins - Word MVP" wrote:

Sounds like you are probably trying to perform a "multiple items per
condition (=key field)" mailmerge which Word does not really have the
ability to do:

See the "Group Multiple items for a single condition" item on fellow MVP
Cindy Meister's website at

http://homepage.swissonline.ch/cindy...faq1.htm#DBPic

Or take a look at the following Knowledge Base Article

or at:

http://cornell.veplan.net/article.aspx?&a=3815

--
Hope this helps.

services on a paid consulting basis.

Doug Robbins - Word MVP

Andrew Bosanquet wrote in message ...
I am probably trying to mimic the NEXTWHILE (that does not exist).

I want to include data from the next record(s) while one field stays
the
same. For instance, I want three documents from the following data:

Field1 / Field2 / Field3
1 / A / a
1 / B / b
3 / C / c
7 / D / d
7 / E / e
7 / F / f
7 / G / g

Documents to be headed 1, 3, and 7.
Document1 to have a table of A/a, B/b.
Document3 to have a table of C/c.
Document7 to have a table of D/d, E/e, F/f, G/g.

Documents and tables are all sorted - I just cannot get the logic
right.

Can I COMPARE { MERGEFIELD FIELD1 } with FIELD1 in the *next* record?

Many thanks

Andrew

http://www.eggheadcafe.com