Posted to microsoft.public.word.newusers
Bert Coules Bert Coules is offline

Default Line spacing and other anomalies in scanned text

I'm currently working on a document (text only, one font throughout) that
has been scanned (by someone else) from a printed book.

I'm seeing a curiously anomaly with regard to line spacing. I marked the
entire document and set spacing to 1.5, but some double-return paragraph
spaces are still spaced singly. If I mark the text where this happens and
look at Format/Paragraph, the spacing is reported as 1.5 even though it
palpably is not.

Is this an effect caused by the scanning procedure? Whether it is or not,
how can I eliminate it and set the entire document to 1.5?

I'm also seeing another oddity, though it's a less serious one: some words
have their letters spaced more widely than is normal for the Courier New
font I've set throughout (this is not due to full-width justification having
being accidentally turned on). Again, is this just a side effect of the
scanning?

Many thanks.

Bert