Posted to microsoft.public.word.newusers
Bert Coules Bert Coules is offline

Default Line spacing and other anomalies in scanned text

Suzanne S Barnhill wrote:

Displaying nonprinting characters is always helpful, of course, and you
should not have an "double-return paragraph spaces"; instead, define and
apply a style with 1.5 line spacing and the required amount of Spacing
Before/After. Then Ctrl+A, Ctrl+Q, Ctrl+Spacebar to remove all direct font
and paragraph formatting.

Thank you for that, and I'll look into it, but I'm afraid I don't understand
why I shouldn't have double return paragraph spaces. If I'd typed the
document myself, that's how I would create new paragraphs, so why shouldn't
the scanned text be the same?

I also don't know what you mean by "the required amount of Spacing
Before/After" but I'll do my best to find out.

Bert