Posted to microsoft.public.word.newusers
Terry Farrell Terry Farrell is offline

Default Line spacing and other anomalies in scanned text

If this has been scanned, then it suggests that the paragraph setting 'Don't
add space between paragraphs of the same style' has been checked.

--
Terry Farrell - MSWord MVP

"Bert Coules" wrote in message
o.uk...
I'm currently working on a document (text only, one font throughout) that
has been scanned (by someone else) from a printed book.

I'm seeing a curiously anomaly with regard to line spacing. I marked the
entire document and set spacing to 1.5, but some double-return paragraph
spaces are still spaced singly. If I mark the text where this happens and
look at Format/Paragraph, the spacing is reported as 1.5 even though it
palpably is not.

Is this an effect caused by the scanning procedure? Whether it is or not,
how can I eliminate it and set the entire document to 1.5?

I'm also seeing another oddity, though it's a less serious one: some words
have their letters spaced more widely than is normal for the Courier New
font I've set throughout (this is not due to full-width justification
having being accidentally turned on). Again, is this just a side effect
of the scanning?

Many thanks.

Bert