Posted to microsoft.public.word.pagelayout

Default Guides, or non-printing lines

No, if there were a way I would have told you in the first place. But the
grid should be regularly spaced even if it doesn't appear to be.

http://word.mvps.org

"Patrick" wrote in message
Thanks for the reply, Suzanne! Unfortunately, my document grid is not
quite
spaced at regular intervals across the entire page. Is there a way to draw
my
own lines on the page so they appear on screen but so they do not print?
Thanks in advance!

"Suzanne S. Barnhill" wrote:

Word is not page layout software and consequently doesn't have any
provision
for layout guides. What it does have is nonprinting "text boundaries"
(Tools
| Options | View) which will show you (among other things) where your
margins are, and a drawing grid (Draw | Grid on the Drawing toolbar); the
grid interval is adjustable.

http://word.mvps.org

"Patrick" wrote in message
Hello there -- I am trying to lay out some guides on a page in Word
2003
(Windows XP). As I cannot find any information about adding guides to a
page
in Word, I am simply adding some lines to my page to work like guides
(no
snapping, of course). However, in order to work like guides, I am
trying
figure out how to make these lines NOT print, while the rest of the
page
content prints. Does anyone have any advice on making non-printing
lines?

.