Greg Maxey

pattyjo,

ToolsOptionsAutoCorrectAutoFormatAsYouType. Uncheck the feature to
replace straight quotes with curly quotes. Then use find and replace. Put
double quotes in both find and replace field and replace all. Repeat with
apostrophe.

--
Greg Maxey/Word MVP
A Peer in Peer to Peer Support

pattyjo wrote:
I have incorrect quotes double and apostrophes in my document, mixed
in with the proper "curley" variety. when sending documents to others
or posting on web, the non-curley varieties come up with @ and =
signs. I have tried to replace them in the Word document, but the
search and replace doesn't see them as apostrophe or quotes, so I
have about 200 pages to do by hand. is there a way to specify the
symbol (unicode) in the search and replace to do it quicker???

Thank you!