Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Graham Mayor Graham Mayor is offline

Default Saving to CD-Rw

CD is a write once medium and so is not compatible with the volatile
temporary files that Word creates in the current folder. Use your CD
mastering program to create a multi-session data disc and copy your files
with that software to the disc.
There is third party software around that allows a CDRW disc to be used as a
'big floppy' but it is notoriously flaky and best avoided.

PAULAMOSAIC wrote:
"TonyLS" wrote:

OK..I got it about saving the document to the hard drive. Now the
question is, how do I 'copy' it to the CDRW? You'd think Microsoft
would make it a simple deal to save the document to a disc. Next
question would be how could you ever create a backup if you can't
save it to a disc? For now I would be happy just to know how I can
get the document onto a CDRW . Thanx --
Tony LS