AuditIA

Default "Page ? of ?" Becomes Incorrect During Editing.

I have Windows 2000 and Word 2000. If I EDIT a document where I've used the
"Page ? of ?" option to number my pages, the total number of pages in that
statement reverts to the actual page number. For example, what was "Page 1
of 20" becomes "Page 1 of 1", "Page 2 of 2", etc. I learned that this method
of page numbering worked correctly if applied as the very last action when
composing. But, the error becomes apparent after the document is reopened
and edited. A few times, the numbering scheme appeared correct on my screen
and then PRINTED incorrectly.

I'd be grateful for advice from anyone with experience on this subject.