Posted to microsoft.public.word.newusers
Terry Farrell Terry Farrell is offline

Default Cursor jumping!

If you go into the Touchpad setup utility, you can alter the sensitivity of
the touchpad or even disable the tap-to-click function completely. But what
is happening is that the touchpad is 'receiving' a click instruction from an
inadvertent brushing with your cuff or something similar therefore moving
the active edit point to the cursor - wherever that happens to be at the
time.

Terry

"Jeff" wrote in message
Hi JoAnn

I have the same problem and I am on a laptop. What is the reason this
happens on a laptop and how can it be avoided? It can be very annoying.

Jeff

"JoAnn Paules" wrote in message
Are you on a laptop by chance?

--

JoAnn Paules
Microsoft MVP - Publisher

How to ask a question
http://support.microsoft.com/kb/555375

"ABQlawyer" wrote in message
How do I prevent the cursor from jumping to another line?