Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Graham Mayor

Default How do I PERMANENTLY hide the PDF Maker toolbar in word

Which version of Acrobat? The methods shown on my web page cover versions
5&6 with a separate section at the end for version 7.

Are you sure you are looking in the correct folder for PDFMaker.DOT (if
used) i.e. is it listed in tools templates & add-ins? You can drag that
dialog box wider to view the full path.

For macros - http://www.gmayor.com/installing_macro.htm - this is linked
from the Acrobat page!

DianeWms wrote:
Plan C, moving the the add-in out of the startup folder: "A
completely different approach can be used by moving the add-in out of
the Office start-up folder completely and introduce it when required."

My startup folder is empty! I can't see any PDFMaker add-in to move
it! Huh?

I tried Plan B, creating a macro in normal.dot, and it seemed the
PDFMaker toolbar went away for a short while, but it came back. I'm
also not sure that I did it right, because I'm not into programming
and need step-by-step instructions on how to record a macro in Word.
(I used to know how to do it in earlier versions.) I think I cut and
pasted the code into the macro dialog box all right, but I'm not sure
I did it in the right order or clicked the right buttons at the right
time.

Can anyone help? I have Office 2003 on Windows 2000 ver. 5.0 (SP-4)
on a government-owned computer at work.

Thanks. ~~Diane

"garfield-n-odie" wrote:

See http://www.gmayor.com/lose_that_adob...at_toolbar.htm .
"rodneychemist" wrote:
The PDF Maker toolbar loads every time I start Word, even after I
turn it off. How do I stop it from loading permanently?