Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Graham Mayor

Default How do I PERMANENTLY hide the PDF Maker toolbar in word

If the DHS (Government Department?) won't upgrade then that is very short
sighted - but hey The page gives workarounds for this eventuality.
I don't use Acrobat 7 so cannot say how it is implemented for Outlook. In
Acrobat 6 a separate DLL was used to provide Acrobat implementation in
Outlook. Try searching your hard drive for that dll - PDFMOutlook.dll and if
found unregister it by running the following command line from Windows
Start Run

regsvr32 /u "c:\path to the file\PDFMOutlook.dll"

Restart Windows.

If not you'll have to consult Adobe or ask in an Outlook group.

DianeWms wrote:
Which version of Acrobat? The methods shown on my web page cover
versions 5&6 with a separate section at the end for version 7.

My Acrobat is version 7. I'll have to check with the DHS Help Desk to
see if they can upgrade it to 7.0.5. I don't think I can do it myself
on my workstation. PDFMaker.dot is not in any of my subfolders! The
MS Office Startup folder on my hard drive is empty! I did a search on
the whole C: drive and it's not anywhere! Yet that damn tool bar
keeps showing up! Actually, the toolbar now does not show up when I
first open Word, but it manages to sneak its way back in later. I
think just puting the macro in the startup folder worked.

I'd also like delete it from my Outlook email, but I can't if I can't
find the file to move from the Outlook directory. Can I put the same
macro somewhere else so it won't show up in Outlook when I'm using
Word as my email editor?
***
Are you sure you are looking in the correct folder for PDFMaker.DOT
(if used) i.e. is it listed in tools templates & add-ins? You can
drag that dialog box wider to view the full path.

That dialog box is blank.
***
~~Diane W.
"Graham Mayor" wrote:

Which version of Acrobat? The methods shown on my web page cover
versions 5&6 with a separate section at the end for version 7.

Are you sure you are looking in the correct folder for PDFMaker.DOT
(if used) i.e. is it listed in tools templates & add-ins? You can
drag that dialog box wider to view the full path.

For macros - http://www.gmayor.com/installing_macro.htm - this is
linked from the Acrobat page!

DianeWms wrote:
Plan C, moving the the add-in out of the startup folder: "A
completely different approach can be used by moving the add-in out
of the Office start-up folder completely and introduce it when
required."

My startup folder is empty! I can't see any PDFMaker add-in to move
it! Huh?

I tried Plan B, creating a macro in normal.dot, and it seemed the
PDFMaker toolbar went away for a short while, but it came back. I'm
also not sure that I did it right, because I'm not into programming
and need step-by-step instructions on how to record a macro in Word.
(I used to know how to do it in earlier versions.) I think I cut and
pasted the code into the macro dialog box all right, but I'm not
sure I did it in the right order or clicked the right buttons at
the right time.

Can anyone help? I have Office 2003 on Windows 2000 ver. 5.0 (SP-4)
on a government-owned computer at work.

Thanks. ~~Diane

"garfield-n-odie" wrote:

See http://www.gmayor.com/lose_that_adob...at_toolbar.htm .
"rodneychemist" wrote:
The PDF Maker toolbar loads every time I start Word, even after I
turn it off. How do I stop it from loading permanently?